Tuesday, March 29, 2022

ARGH!...I've got to stop reading/viewing news!

In my previous post I questioned the snowballing practice of beneficial treatment for minorities.  I'm not a racist, homophobic, or whatever other anti-minority label is in vogue these days. I'm a humanist, reasonist, and common-sensenist who resents discrimination against the best-qualified candidate, who could maybe, possibly, perhaps, be straight white. It's news articles like the following two that make me want to head for the wood shed and start swinging an axe.

* Today from CNN - "NASA officials believe that Biden’s request will allow NASA to continue investments in the Artemis program, which aims to land the first woman and the first person of color on the moon in 2025, as well as provide more research into the climate crisis and promote diversity, equity and inclusion."

* Today from the NFL - "The NFL is putting together a committee to review its diversity hiring practices." "Among the NFL's initiatives to enhance opportunities for minority coaching candidates, teams will now be required to hire a minority coach as an offensive assistant, NFL Network's Judy Battista reported Monday."

I have so often been told by liberals that, "I should welcome change and celebrate diversity." Ask the native Americans, or Neanderthals, or Incas, or the WWII Jews or present day Ukrainians what they think of welcoming diversity and celebrating change.

But the really important headline grabber today is Will Smith slapping Chris Rock. Sure glad I didn't miss that! But it does raise a question for me. What manner of man takes a slap to his face without retaliating? I've written this before and I'll probably write it again...it is my belief that there are times when a fist to the face is a perfectly acceptable and appropriate form of behavior. Yeah...I know that Smith has apologized to the entire civilized world and parts of Georgia, but his first action immediately after the slap should have been the necessity to pick himself up off the floor and visit his dentist. In my view there are some words and actions that cannot be forgiven...that demand retaliation.

To calm myself down I'm going to my workbench to see if I can invent/build a device that will prevent Joe Biden from putting his foot in his mouth. It would have to be permanently in place because Biden doesn't seem to realize when his mouth and brain are not in the same building. And if it works on Biden, maybe I could modify it to fit others, like....awww, you know who I mean. 


No comments:

Post a Comment