Tuesday, April 19, 2022

Jennifer Strahan is another candidate...

...who is running for Georgia's 14th congressional district on the Republican ticket. She is well educated and seems to have adequate administrative experience. Her webpage is well done, and though the message is the typical campaigning verbiage (click on My Stances to see what I mean) I had no problem with it but will admit that I cringed when she said......


I want to believe that the comment is tokenism so as not to alienate the many Trump supporters in the district. I subscribe to her mailing list, and based on the email I received today she is certainly not afraid to alienate Marjorie Greene supporters. It says in part:

"Every time we think she’s reached a new low, MTG opens her mouth again.

In recent weeks, as Russia has bombarded Ukraine and committed horrific war crimes targeting civilians – killing thousands of innocent men, women, and children – she’s called the people of Ukraine Nazis and suggested that Ukraine is to blame for the invasion.

She’s heaped praise on the Kremlin and she’s parroting Vladimir Putin’s vicious lies! She's even been featured on Russian state-owned television multiple times being used as a tool for Putin's war propaganda machine!

To call MTG’s pro-Russia rhetoric ignorant and disgraceful is an understatement. She cannot be allowed to continue to serve as our “representative” in the U.S. House.

We need to HOLD HER ACCOUNTABLE and SEND HER PACKING on May 24th."

Amidst all the calls to hold the far-left accountable, it is refreshing to hear accountability of the far-right called for. 

But unless the suit to disqualify Greene from the election is successful (I doubt it): a hearing is scheduled for this Friday, I see her winning the primary on May 24th. The ultra-right culture in this district is so deeply ingrained and wide spread that I doubt if anyone except Jesus could defeat Trump and by association Marjorie Green. Plus she's got the acronym thing going for her...I mean, everybody knows who MTG is. I think she's even overshowed AOC, and that's doing something. But MTG is entertaining, I'll give her that. Kinda like a side-show in the traveling carnies that used to go from town to town when I was a kid. 


No comments:

Post a Comment